BEGINNER Pottery with Sandra BUerklin II
Thursday Evenings 5:30-8:30 pm
Class Dates: April 13, 20, 27, & May 4, 11
Glazing Date: May 25
New Students: $205 before March 23; $220 after March 23.
Rollover pottery students from Sandra's previous class: $175 before March 23; $198 after March 23
Previous wheel pottery students: $190 before March 23; $205 after March 23
In this six-week class, pottery instructor and artist Sandra Buerklin will teach centering on the wheel and cover basic throwing techniques. Students learn how to make cups, bowls and other vessels, how to alter thrown pieces, how to make and attach handles. Those with some experience will also benefit from review of techniques. Practice Makes Perfect! Extra FREE scheduled practice times will be arranged with the class at the first class to give you extra opportunities to implement what you learn in class. After the fifth wheel session, there is a week "off" for students to trim any work completed in the previous week. No new pots are made at this time so work can dry before being bisque fired. The 6th class is strictly for glazing--students will learn basic glazing techniques of their bisque ware, which will then be glaze fired.
• Instruction is from 5:30-8:00 pm. The last 1/2 hour is to continuing working, finishing and clean up.
• Registration includes the use of all clay tools, one bisque firing and one glaze firing, including glaze. We provide 25 lbs of clay for $18. Additional clay may be purchased for $18/25 lbs.
• Leftover clay is to be taken home on glazing day, or it becomes part of the studio.
• We provide cone 4-6 glazes from Standard Ceramics, however you are free to purchase your own for your use if you require special colors.
• Classes are limited to 7 students, ensuring a high level of individual attention, and are reserved on a first-paid basis.
• Payment is due with registration unless other arrangements are made. If you cancel the week before class starts up until the day before, we will issue a refund ONLY IF WE CAN FILL YOUR SPACE. Sorry, we cannot refund money once you have started the classes.
• You will get messy, so bring an apron or wear work clothes and shoes that can get dirty.
• Leave your rings at home.
• Bring a hair tie if you have long hair.
• Entrance to class is at the lower level rear of the building.
• Park for free in front or in parking area on Grant Street.
For more information and to register & pay online, click the link below to our secure payment page.
Classes are held at Main Exhibit Gallery’s fully-accessible Art Center
Entrance located at the lower level rear of the building at 301 West Main Street, Ligonier, PA.
For more information, call us @ 724-238-2310 or email email@example.com