Beginners Stained Glass
Copper Foil (Tiffany) Method
Learn the copper foil technique of stained glass by making a small panel of your favorite dog or cat breed. For this class, most pieces will be curves.
You will have use of all tools needed for the project, as well as supplies such as copper foil, flux and solder. Glass for your project will have to be purchased. We will have project glass available for purchase, or you may bring your own.
(Glass sheets for project are additional. 12" x 12" sheet is between $10-15.)
three-Day Morning Class
In this class you will:
• learn about tools used for copper foil technique;
• learn how to cut glass using practice glass (provided). Most pieces in this class will require cutting curves. We will show you how to do this to minimize glass wastage;
• prepare pattern pieces
• cut glass to a pattern (You will need to purchase the glass for your project. We will have glass available for purchase, or you may bring your own.)
• grind glass
• lay out glass on pattern
• apply copper foil to cut pieces
• solder your panel
• clean your finished panel