Agreement made as of ___________________ between (artist) _________________________________________
(address)________________________________________ and Main Exhibit, 301 W. Main Street, Ligonier, PA 15658.
1. Scope of Agency. This agreement shall cover only artwork by the above Artist at Main Exhibit while this Agreement is in force. Main Exhibit shall document receipt of all works consigned hereunder by signing and returning to the Artist a Record of Consignment.
2. Term and Termination. This Agreement shall have a term for the duration of three weeks: August 16 - September 8, 2019. Upon termination of this Agreement at the end of term stated herein, unsold works shall be returned to the Artist at the Artist's expense.
3. Commissions. As its commission, Main Exhibit shall receive 35% of the Retail Price of each work sold, as indicated on the Record of Consignment. In the case of sale items, the discount shall be deducted from Main Exhibit's commission.
4. Prices. Main Exhibit shall sell the works at the retail price, which will include the price shown on the Record of Consignment, plus applicable sales tax.
5. Payments. After withholding from the purchase price such sum as is required by law for sales tax, and Main Exhibit's commission, Main Exhibit shall pay the Artist all proceeds due to the Artist within thirty days of sale.
6. Accounting. Main Exhibit shall furnish the Artist with an accounting for works sold during this period including: the title of the work, the date of sale, the sale price, the amount due the artist.
7. Loss or Damage. Main Exhibit shall be diligent in the safekeeping of all consigned artworks. However, Main Exhibit shall not insure work.
8. Covenants and Promises of the Artist. The Artist hereby covenants, promises, represents, agrees and acknowledges the following:
a) That the the Artist is the creator and sole owner of the works described in the Record of Consignment and has full authority to enter into this Agreement.
b) That the works do not violate or infringe upon the rights of any party, including, but not limited to, contractual rights, copyrights or any rights of privacy.
c) During the term of this Agreement, not to make any agreements, conditional or otherwise, to sell or to transfer the Works contained in the Record of Consignment without the written consent of Main Exhibit.
9. Delivery. The Artist shall be responsible for delivery of the Works to Main Exhibit and any costs incurred in the pickup or shipping of unsold works returned to the artist from Main Exhibit.